Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Drexel China Cabinet Makeover

Happy Wednesday!

Oh my, it's been cold!  This Texas girl can not handle it.  Lows in the 20s and only getting to the low 40s for a high is unbearable to me.  When I am cold my body gets tense and starts to hurt.  My friends give me a hard time for carrying a jacket with me everywhere I go, even in the summer.  I grew up in Southeast Texas (Beaumont area) and now live near Galveston and that is as far north as I can go.  My friends and I joke that we will never live north of I-10...silly Texans.  But seriously, for those of you who are enduring crazy low temps and just unbelievable wind chills, I hope y'all are staying warm and safe.

So because of my cold (illness) last week and the cold (weather) over the weekend and on Monday, I have been playing catch up the last few days trying to get some big projects finished up.  Remember a few months ago, I found 3 amazing Drexel bow front pieces.  If you don't remember, you can read about it here.  Today, I am going to show you the Drexel China Cabinet!




Some before shots to remind you of how sad it was when I brought it home.








This thing was in pitiful shape when I found it.  The veneer was chipping all over, there were huge greasy stains on the shelves and inside, the drawers and doors did not work properly, the brass handles had layers of tarnish and dirt, and 2 of the 3 glass pieces were gone.

All 3 Drexel pieces were available for custom finishes and the china cabinet client wanted to go with a rustic feel to match her home decor.  We decided on a slightly distressed, glazed finish with the handles polished to their natural brass and chicken wire instead of glass.  Love the final look!


Enjoy!  Sorry for the bad lighting.  This thing is too big to bring up into the house to take pictures so I had to stay in the shop.  Taking better photos is on my goal list for the new year.







What do you mean get out of the shot?  Isn't the camera out for me?













Isn't it great!?  I wish I had a picture of where this thing was a few months ago.  My eyeballs almost fell out when I realized what I was looking at.  It makes my heart happy that it is now looking refreshed and is going to a great home.





Check back tomorrow to see the Drexel dressers.  They were purchased as a set and this client had a great idea for them.


 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

Sharing at:

Life in VelvetThrifty Decor ChickHome Coming , House on the Way, A Stroll Thru Life, A Dedicated House, The Blissful Bee, Coastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, One Project Closer, Remodelaholics Anonymous Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment