Friday, December 30, 2011

Table for Five

 
table for five using laminate shelf shelving and ikea chairs
 

I think this is my very favorite thing in my house … it’s definitely the most used project we’ve done.
Superman built this at the end of the summer, when I presented him with a challenge: seat 5 kids in a 6 square foot space. The outcome was perfect!

The table, or ‘bar’ if you will, is a 6 foot shelf from Home Depot. I picked one that was laminate (read: WATER PROOF) for $13.

Then, I found a couple two way shelf brackets and spray painted those with a white enamel spray paint to match. $6/each. (But cheaper on Amazon)

The chairs are from IKEA, and came in at $12.99/each (although, you can apparently buy them on Amazon and have them shipped to you for free, for $22.95 ... in case you don't have an IKEA close by).

He mounted the table just under the window sill and then caulked the tiny gap between the two. It was a super easy project, took a couple hours of time, and cost about $90, including chairs. In the event that you find yourself needing to seat quintuplets in a small space, you now have the solution. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment