Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Repurposing an old picture frame

About a month ago, I hit the point where I was tired of everything looking 1. cheap, and 2. tired. However, I am a FIRM believer of ‘Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without!’

Thanks to a trusty little can of Rust-Oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint, I was able to give all of my picture frames a new lift and a fresh look. Plus, they all match now … even if they are different styles. The result was awesome. I’ll be continuing my quest to give all of my accessories a face lift, but for now, let me show you what I am talking about. Here is a $10 picture frame from IKEA that I purchased a couple years ago:

rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint picture frames picture1

Boring and cheap looking, right? Right.

Well. Check it out  now:

rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint picture frames picture2

It’s amazing what a little spray paint can do for something. I spray painted both the frame and the matting to match. Then, I flipped it horizontal and hung it up on a different wall in my house.

Mission accomplished.

Total cost: Probably 50 cents worth of spray paint. Win.

Here’s the side by side comparison:

rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint picture frames pictures before and after
We even got a little crazy and spray painted ALL the picture frames in the hallway so that they were all the same … but still different. I LOVE this.
rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint picture frames
If you haven’t done so yet … you need to go buy some Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment