Thursday, September 26, 2013

Design Doubt

Happy Thursday!

Do you ever doubt your design plan?  Or you start putting your pieces together and things just aren't working for you?   Sometimes I visualize a design and I am so confident in it.  Example:  The outdoor seating area.  I saw those pillows and knew that the green door left by the previous owners would make a great table and the rug I saw on overstock.com would be a great base to bring everything together.   And I love that area and the colors.






I never had doubt in that design.  Yesterday, I started doubting my vision for our main living areas.  The other day I posted about coastal fabrics and that I was concentrating on the teal and navy blues.  Those colors were not my first choice.  I originally thought I would do navy and light blue (bird's egg like my entertainment center).



I changed my mind because our home is always a neutral color palette and I wanted to push myself to do something different. Now that everything is coming together, I am not loving the teal and I think I need to go back to the light blue.  This week is one of those weeks I am not sleeping very well which means I am dreaming a lot and last night I had nightmares about color.  ANNOYING.  Who has nightmares about color?!  Not sure if that is a sign or my mind trying to recoup from yesterday's shopping experience.

On a positive note, the kitchen backsplash is installed and I will be doing the grout today.  It looks so good!  The kitchen is starting to feel less like a construction zone and more like a functional kitchen everyday.  I only have to finish the final touch ups on the doors, install the doors, add knobs and grout the tile.  Then it is finished!  We are so excited!  I posted a little sneak peek on Facebook the other day. If you missed it, here it is.


Be sure to check back tomorrow to see a recap of our updates on the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment