Thursday, January 24, 2013

Restoring a Rusty Fire Pit

I realize I should probably be embarrassed by the condition of my backyard ‘property’ … but … sadly, I’m really not.

I’ve come to realize that it’s just sort of ‘life’. If you own a home, chances are you have rusty eye sores sitting in your backyard.

The more fortunate homeowners either replace their ‘backyard property’ on a somewhat regular basis, or they spend top dollar for things that don’t rust.

Since our budge doesn’t really allow for replacements or top dollar anything … we restore things when they start looking like dumpster diamonds.

Here is our fire pit:

high heat rustoleum spray paint to restore fire pit 3

We like to roast marshmallows for s’mores … or roast weenies on a weekend when I’m feeling too lazy to make dinner. Over time … little by little … it rusted away until it became this:

high heat rustoleum spray paint to restore fire pit 1

Yikes. It never really bothered me that the pit had gotten rusty … because we just fill it with charcoal and light the thing on fire anyway. But, since Superman was already restoring the grill/smoker, I figured I’d have him do this at the same time.

high heat rustoleum style with cents

So, he hit it with a little of our favorite thing (spray paint) in the Rust-Oleum High Heat Spray Paint form …

high heat rustoleum spray paint to restore fire pit 2

… Boom. Good as new! (He didn’t spray paint the rack … *** never use spray paint on something that you might cook directly on)

high heat rustoleum spray paint to restore fire pit 3

Totally worth every penny of the maybe 50 cents it cost to ‘restore’ this. Y’all go get some Rustoleum. You hear me?

high heat fire pit before after

No comments:

Post a Comment