Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dining Room Reveal


The day is finally here. Eleven months after moving in, I am finally showing you our dining area.





Over the past year, y'all have seen most of the room.  My DIY lantern, DIY dining table and my grandparents' dresser that I now use as a buffet have all been shown in earlier posts.  There have been many sneak peeks in pictures but I have never shown everything.

All of our hard work has paid off and the house has transformed.  The sad, dark, orange-y house we bought a year ago is gone.  It feels bright and airy and comfortable.  We LOVE it!




This is what I started with.











All of these beautiful after shots are the work of Jessica of Ever & Anon Photography.  She did an amazing job!  Thanks again, Jessica.  

And now,  this is what my dining room looks like. 


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography

Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography

Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography

Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography


Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography

Photo credit: Ever & Anon Photography

The details:
  • Entire house has new flooring.  This is the only thing we did not do ourselves. - MetroFlor Konecto Engage in Woodland Oak was installed by Floors for Living
  • Added crown molding
  • Painted the walls, ceiling, and trim
  • New lighting 
  • Furniture
  • Decor
    • Shutters - Salvaged from my parents' house they lost to Hurricane Rita
    • Lamps - Homegoods
    • Canvas - Picture taken by Ever & Anon, canvas ordered from Canvas on Demand
    • Bay Window Curtain Rod - I had to make this special (tutorial coming soon)
    • Curtains - Sarah Richardson Fabric in Errington Lake.  Lining in ivory.  I did all the sewing.
  • Tableware
    • Plates - Fire King/Anchor Hocking Alice in Vitrock and Blue - Set of 8 plates, cups, & saucers were given to me for my high school graduation present from my family.  It all started so long ago.
    • Bowls - U.S. Navy China - I have plates, cups, saucers and larger bowls.  My mom has been collecting these for years and I have been eyeing them from day one.  She finally passed them down to me.  Thanks mom!
    • Silverware - Onieda from when we got married
    • Linens - Pier 1
    • Platter on table - Target

The splurge in the space was the curtain fabric....by A LOT!  I searched high and low for something similar and cheaper but I never found anything I loved as much.  And lets be honest, sometimes when you know, you know.  The first time I saw this fabric I knew it was the one.  Then the sample came in and the colors were perfect.  It helped me tie in the robin's egg and navy blues from the living room and the green shades from the kitchen all in one place.  I replaced the curtains I had originally put in the kitchen with this fabric.  It brought in some more blue shades into the space which I love.  It allowed me to mix my tableware like I wanted to.  After 2 months of ordering more samples and checking out fabric stores in the Houston area, I decided I had wasted enough time and splurged on the Sarah Richardson fabric.  I found it half off on a different site than her design site.  Still a little expensive but worth every penny.

Overall, I am so happy with the space.  Everything has come together and it truly is our home now.

Click here to tour more of our home, including our beautiful DIYed kitchen. 

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png


Sharing at: Savvy Southern StyleUpcycled TreasuresElizabeth & CoDIY ShowoffKathe With an E, Place of my Taste, Not Just Another Housewife, Coastal Charm, Domestically Speaking, Put a Bird on It, The Grits Blog, Life in Velvet, My Repurposed Life, Liz Marie Blog, The Creative Link Party, RemodelaholicKeeping it Simple, Home Coming BlogSatori Design for LivingSkip To My Lou, House on the Way, Creatively LivingTreats & TravelBefore and After (Thrifty Decor Chick)

No comments:

Post a Comment